The Princethorpe Foundation
The Princethorpe Foundation welcomes children of all faiths and backgrounds and provides co-educational, independent day schooling in Warwickshire. Princethorpe College and Crackley Hall in Kenilworth, are the only Catholic independent senior and junior school in the county. A recent addition to the Foundation is The Crescent School in Bilton, Rugby, which merged with us in September 2016. Across the three schools we cater for girls and boys aged from 2 - 18. Our schools are characterised by their strong Christian ethos and pride themselves on providing a caring, stimulating environment in which children’s individual needs can be met and their talents, confidence and self- esteem developed. We aim to encourage a lifelong love of learning and an understanding of moral values, and to put young people on the road to happy and fulfilled lives.
The Princethorpe Foundation is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. The directors of the company are the Trustees, who have overall responsibility for the Foundation and are guardians of the Foundation's ethos.
The Governing Body is responsible for the overall management and strategic direction of the Foundation including setting the aims of the schools and working to improve standards, maintaining the Christian ethos of the Foundation, deciding on the use of its budget, choosing senior staff, looking after the site and buildings, developing a framework of policies within which it functions, dealing with personnel issues and settling disputes.
The Company Registration number is 4177718 and the Charity Registration number is 1087124.
Day to day management of the Foundation is delegated to the following executives:
- Senior Head of the Foundation and Head of Princethorpe College - Ed Hester
- Head of Crackley Hall and Little Crackers - Robert Duigan
- Head of Crescent School – Joe Thackway
- Foundation Bursar - Eddie Tolcher
These executives attend all Trustees' meetings and certain other sub-committee meetings.
Click here to visit the Charity Commission's website and view historic accounts information on the Foundation.
Click here to see the Foundation's Gender Pay Gap Report - April 2017
You can contact the Trustees via:
Mr Eddie Tolcher
Foundation Bursar, Company Secretary and Clerk to the Trustees
Telephone: 01926 634200
Facsimile: 01926 633365
Chair of Trustees
Foundation Bursar, Company Secretary and Clerk to the Trustees - Eddie Tolcher BA, ACIB, MCMI, TechIOSH *
- Foundation News: RIP Mary O'FarrellIt is with immense sadness that we share the news that Mary O’Farrell, the Foundation’s former Chair of Trustees, passed away after a short illness on Sunday 2 September 2018.
- Foundation News: Foundation Welcomes Two New TrusteesThe Princethorpe Foundation is pleased to announce that it has appointed two new trustees. Elizabeth Kenward and Mike Fletcher have joined the Governing Body and will work with fellow Trustees to oversee the overall management and strategic direction of the Foundation.
- Foundation News: Golden Jubilee Souvenir Review - Out Now!Princethorpe College has produced a Golden Jubilee Souvenir Review.
- Foundation News: Liz Griffin To Take On Foundation Chair of Trustees RoleTrustee Liz Griffin is set to take over the role of Foundation Chair of Trustees from Mary O'Farrell who stands down at the end of the summer, having completed her tenure as Chair.
- Foundation News: New Crescent School Head AppointedThe Princethorpe Foundation is delighted to announce the appointment of Joe Thackway as Crescent School Headmaster with effect from September 2017.
- Foundation News: Princethorpe Foundation And Crescent School To MergeCrescent School and The Princethorpe Foundation have taken the decision to merge with effect from September 2016. The Crescent, a flourishing independent junior school in Rugby, will retain its own identity but will become a Princethorpe Foundation school.