The Princethorpe Foundation takes its responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children very seriously and child protection procedures are in place concerning staff recruitment and retention. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The trustees and staff of The Princethorpe Foundation fully recognise the contribution they must make to safeguarding children. We recognise that all staff, including volunteers and trustees, have a full and active part to play in protecting our children from harm and providing a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes the social, physical and moral development of the individual child.
Core safeguarding principles
The Foundation’s core safeguarding principles are:
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of children which is of paramount importance. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.
- Children who are safe and feel safe are better equipped to learn;
- All staff have an equal responsibility to act on any suspicion or disclosure that may suggest a child is at risk of harm at harm in the community or in school. If, at any point, there is a risk of immediate serious harm to a child a referral will be made immediately in accordance with our Safeguarding policy. Anybody can make a referral;
- All children, regardless of age, gender, ability, culture, race, language, religion or sexual identity, have equal rights to protection from harm;
- All staff members will maintain an attitude of ‘It could happen here’ where safeguarding is concerned. When concerned about the welfare of a child, staff members should always act in the interests of the child;
- Pupils and staff involved in child protection issues will receive appropriate support.
Child protection statement
The Foundation recognises our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all pupils in our Schools. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. All staff are trained to be alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow the procedures set out in this policy to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.
For more information please download our Safeguarding Policy below.